Family Futures has partnered with Canadian Tire Jumpstart to help low-income families with the financial cost of camps.
Jumpstart is more than just about getting kids active. It’s about giving kids from families in financial need the same chance to participate as their neighbors, their classmates, and their friends. Whether it’s the chance to try a new sport or to continue with a favorite one, no kid should be left out.
– At Family Futures Resource Network, the programming that qualifies is the 5-day summer camps.
– Minimum 1-hour physical activity every day for 5 days
– Family must meet the low-income cutoff (LICO)
– Children must be between the ages of 4-18 years
At Family Futures Resource Network
– The qualifying programming is the 5-day summer camps for children ages 4-12 years.
– Family must meet the low-income cutoff (LICO) – Information is provided on the Jumpstart website.
– Limited spaces available
– Registration dates must allow for a maximum of 8-week application approval time.
Before you start your application, please have the following ready:
– Your contact information (name, postal code, telephone number, and email address)
– The first name, last name, gender, and date of birth of your child
– The details of the sport or physical activity in which your child would like to participate including program dates, the name of the program, and proof of programming
– The amount that you are requesting from Jumpstart
– The name of the non-profit/charity/service organization (payee) running the sport or physical activity program
– Proof of financial need: a clear, legible, and current copy of pages 1 and 2 of your Canada Child Benefit (Statement) will be required as proof of need
How can I access this program?
– Call Family Futures at (780)413-4521 and speak to staff to let them know your plans to apply and confirm availability.
– Confirm income eligibility on the Canadian Tire Jumpstart website (LICO)
– Proof of Jumpstart funding is required for camp registration to be approved and finalized by Family Futures.
Applying for Jumpstart Funding:
1. Go to Jumpstart Website Jumpstart.canadiantire.ca, select the “Programs” tab, then select “Individual Child Grants”.
2. When on the site review:
b. Funding Details and Timelines
c. Before You Apply
3. If you need help, you can contact Jumpstart by pressing the link below. If you still have difficulties after that, contact Family Futures Resource Network. (link)