Family Futures Resource Network is a non-profit organization whose mission is to educate, support, and build on the strengths of families to enhance their well-being, through programs and collaboration.
Family Futures is an organization focused on growth, and just recently opened a new location in south east Edmonton! We are looking for experienced and passionate individuals. Check back regularly for exciting career opportunities.
Summer Activities Programmers (Full Time/Term Positions – 37.5 hrs/wk)
- Work hours between 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Term Contract: May 28 to August 31, 2018.
- Starting salary $14.15/hour dependent upon experience.
POST SECONDARY STUDENTS WELCOME! These fun and rewarding positions will require you to use your skills, knowledge, and training while fostering the social development of children aged 3 – 12 years. These positions are ideal for education, social work, human ecology or child & youth care students. You will gain experience working daily with children and have the opportunity to use and develop program facilitation skills in a supportive team environment. Must be a returning full-time post-secondary student to qualify for this position.
- Working with children and youth ranging from 3 – 12 years in camp/program settings.
- Engaging with parents/caregivers and families of participants.
- Assisting in the development of camp/program curriculum and facilitate daily program plans.
- Ensuring the health and safety of all children by adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Working collaboratively with agency staff to ensure a positive camp experience for all.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be registered in a full-time post-secondary program in Fall 2018.
- High School Diploma.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle as travel between sites is required.
- Experience working with children.
- Desire to support the healthy growth and development of children.
- Current First Aid Certificate with Level C CPR/AER.
- Must have a recent Police Information Check and Alberta Children’s Services Intervention Check (completed within the past 3 months).
Anticipated interview date for this position is Wednesday, April 18 – please indicate in your cover letter if you will be available to make this. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your cover letter and resume by no later than Wednesday April 4 to:
Community Support Manager